The People Behind the PhDs 11: Iman Daryaei, The lights go out, contrast agent, I can almost see 1-3
Iman Daryaei is a multidisciplinary researcher with expertise in chemical synthesis, biological chemistry, drug discovery and development, cancer biology, and medical imaging at NuvOx Pharma. Iman finished his PhD in Biological Chemistry at the University of Arizona where he also completed a a PhD Minor in Entrepreneurship.
People behind the PhDs 11: Iman Daryaei – Preview
Iman Daryaei Bio
Born and raised in Iran, Iman Daryaei moved to US in 2009 to pursue a Master of Science (MSc) in Medicinal Chemistry at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUe). I was admitted for a PhD degree in Biological Chemistry at the University of Arizona in 2011. My interest in entrepreneurial activities led me to complete a minor degree in Entrepreneurship at the McGuire Entrepreneurship Program at University of Arizona in 2016. Since then I am working for NuvOx Pharma, a Pharmaceutical Company, in Tucson Arizona where I am using my expertise in chemistry and molecular imaging for early detection of cancer and treatment of neurological disorders.
Music by Kate SC
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Other Dr. Z Programs
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.