The People Behind the PhDs 07: Peta Long – Uh oh, I’m in trouble. What’s my agency? 2-3
People behind the PhDs 07: Peta Leitermann-Long – Preview
Peta Leitermann-Long Bio
Peta Leitermann-Long, is a doctoral candidate at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, where she specializes in political communication, public relations, and diversity and inclusion. She is the Visiting Assistant Professor in Public Relations at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford.
Her doctoral thesis, which she aims to complete before August 2018, examines the effects of the 2016 US Presidential debates. This follows her work on political leadership, which started with her Master thesis in Pan African Studies that looked at the political communication philosophy as communicated in the speeches of the late Michael Manley, former Prime Minister of Jamaica. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree, second class honor and dual major from the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, in July 2008 where she studied Philosophy and Media and Communication.
Leitermann-Long is currently working on a book with Drs. Rochelle Ford and Hua Jiang on diversity and inclusion practices, which builds on their award-winning paper and industry bench mark study, “Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in Recruitment and Retention of Public Relations Talent from Under-Represented Groups: A Study with the Arthur W. Page Society Members 2016.” She is a part of Women Get It Done movement in D.C., and an active member of the International Association of Business Communications – Caribbean.
Student, teacher, researcher, motivator, problem-solver, creator, communicator – endearing words that describe Peta Leitermann-Long.
Music by Kate SC
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Other Dr. Z Programs
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.