The People Behind the PhDs 03: Tony Stovall -Is this it? My right to consume 1-3
Dr. Tony Stovall studies electronic markets (also known as electronic marketplaces), digital ownership (digital goods), consumer well-being, and e-Commerce & Digital Consumption as a Clinical Associate Professor of Marketing at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis.
People behind the PhDs 03: Tony Stovall – Preview
Tony Stovall received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University in International Relations. He has been a professional actor performing across the United States and in London, in addition to having over 15 years of work experience in the corporate world, working in numerous capacities first for Encyclopædia Britannica and then for Korn/Ferry International, the world’s premier executive search firm. Tony earned his MBA from the University of Arizona’s Eller School of Management, and completed his PhD in Retailing & Consumer Sciences, also from the University of Arizona. His research is broadly centered around issues of consumer well-being and digital consumption habits. He has been an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Woodbury University’s School of Business in Burbank, California, and Towson University in Towson, Maryland. He will join the faculty of The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Indianapolis in the fall of 2019.
Music by Kate SC
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Other Dr. Z Programs
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.