Organ Oracles 12: Erika Kaiser, Transplant Athlete (Mexico) 3-3
With a professional dancer for a mother and a professional musician for a father, at an early age Erika learned the importance of dedication and training to always be in front of people. Her preparation paid off as she because a famous Mexican television host but one day during her daily exercise, she developed a pain in her leg that she didn’t recognize. Soon she was diagnosed with Lupus and needed a transplant. Her lifetime of preparation told her what to do next: Save her own life by launching a GoFundMe page.
Con una bailarina profesional para una madre y un músico profesional para un padre, a temprana edad, Erika aprendió la importancia de la dedicación y la capacitación para estar siempre delante de las personas. Su preparación dio sus frutos como una famosa presentadora de televisión mexicana, pero un día, durante su ejercicio diario, desarrolló un dolor en la pierna que no reconoció. Pronto le diagnosticaron Lupus y necesitaba un trasplante. Su vida de preparación le dijo qué hacer a continuación: salva su propia vida al lanzar una página de GoFundMe.
Erika Kaiser preview
To learn more about Erika …
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Check out podcasts on:
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.