People Behind the PhDs 07: Dr. Rachel Kraut: Online Language Learning 3-3
Dr. Rachel Kraut serves as the Associate Director of Language Programs at Rice University in Houston, Texas She studies language program administration, language teacher training, program evaluation, language assessment, and online language learning.
People behind the PhDs 02: Rachel Kraut – Preview
Dr. Rachel Kraut is an Associate Director of the Language Programs at the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies at Rice University. She works both as part of the administrative team of the Intensive English Program and as leader of the new language programs online initiative. She also serves as a volunteer peer reviewer for the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), incoming chair on TESOL International’s Professional Development council, and as Conference Program Chair on the TexTESOL IV Board.
Beyond language program management, Rachel has also worked as a consultant in language teacher professional development for public school districts, a content developer, an ESL instructor, an adjunct professor of TESOL, and a teacher trainer.
Her research interests lie in language program administration, language teacher training, program evaluation, language assessment, and online language learning.
Music by Kate SC
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Other Dr. Z Programs
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.