Organ Oracles 03: Elmar Sprink, Transplant Athlete (Germany) in English & German
As a semi-professional soccer player, then an Ironman triathlete, Elmar Sprink, had few health worries. After an off-performance during an Ironman competition in Austria, a passed-out Elmar was rescued by his girlfriend (now wife) and next door neighbor, a doctor who was home only because of knee surgery. After a heart transplant and 30-minute walk around a 400 meter track, Elmar began training again to compete in the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
Elmar Sprink, der als Fußballspieler und Ironman-Triathlet nie gesundheitliche Probleme hatte, bis sein Herz versagte. Sein erstes Training nach seiner Herztransplantation, bei der er eine Strecke von 400 Metern zurücklegte, dauerte 30 Minuten. Er war der erste Mensch nach einer Herztransplantation, der an den Ironman-Weltmeisterschaften in Kona, Hawaii, teilnahm. Mittlerweile ist er das Cape Epic, die BIKE Transalp gefahren und hat den Transalpine Run gefinisht.
Organ Oracles: Elmar Sprink Preview / die Vorschau
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona. Check out podcasts on: Bilingual Decision Making
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.