Organ Oracles 02: Tatiana Narváez, Transplant Athlete (Colombia) in English & el Español
A la edad 22, Tatiana Narváez había logrado su sueño de trabajar en la Corte Suprema de Colombia. Luego se despertó un día como si estuviera embarazada de 7 meses. Su estómago se había hinchado. Un desgarrador período de cuatro años con un diagnóstico incorrecto de cáncer que llevaron finalmente a un trasplante de hígado y una nueva vida como corredora de 21k.
At age 22, Tatiana Narváez had achieved her dream job with the Colombian Supreme Court. Then, one day, she woke up as if she were 7 months pregnant. Her stomach has expanded. A heartbreaking four years ensued that included a mis-diagnosis of cancer that ultimately led to a liver transplant and a new life as a 21k runner.
Organ Oracles: Tatiana Narváez Preview / La Prevista
Each Organ Oracles podcast consists of inspirational stories of people who have had life-saving organ transplants and their achievements after their life-altering moments.
Season 1 Schedule (more episodes to be added)
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Check out podcasts on:
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.