Human Algorithm 03: Carrie Seid: Big Spaces 2-3
“Your Genius Deserves Your Full Attention.” That’s Carrie Seid’s quote. As a lifetime artist, Carrie has always been fascinated by materials and scope. This interest spurred Carrie to receive her B.F.A. from The Rhode Island School of Design in 1984, then went on to receive her M.F.A. from Cranbrook Academy of Art, where she was a Merit Scholar.
Carrie has taught at numerous universities around the United States, including The School of The Art Institute of Chicago, State University of New York at Buffalo, Niagara County Community College, Daemen College, Arizona State University and the University of Arizona. Her extensive teaching career spawned “Creative Catalyst Training,” her own program designed to help artists remove creative blocks and reach their highest goals. Carrie leads live workshops, conducts corporate trainings, and individual consultations with artists and other creative professionals.
Carrie leads live workshops, conducts corporate trainings, and individual consultations with artists and other creative professionals. Winner of the Purchase Award in 2003, Carrie’s work is part of the permanent collection of The Tucson Museum of Art where she also had a solo exhibition. In 2006, she was featured on “Arizona Illustrated” on KUAT television, and has also been interviewed for radio and podcasts such as Dr. Z’s Productions and Podcasts.
Carrie also designed several products for TAG, Inc., and Modulus, Inc., in Chicago, as well as Terragrafics, Inc., in San Francisco. She has been awarded numerous public art commissions in Arizona, including the reception area of the Udall Senior Center, five distinct projects at the Northwest Medical Center in Oro Valley, a glass walkway in the courtyard of the Flowing Wells Community Center, and a giant steel orange slice on Orange Grove Road in Tucson, along with two orange slice benches.
To learn more about Carrie visit …
About Dr. Z Podcasts
The mission of Dr. Z Podcasts is to find, record, and share stories about humans engaged in one of the 6As* of life.
*6As = athletics, adventure, academics, art, advocacy, human algorithm. The 6As is the name of the book I am writing and the foundation for Dr. Z Podcasts.
About Dr. Z
Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Zachary Brooks, the “Z” behind “Dr. Z.” Enjoy the content and please send me questions and comments. *I earned a doctorate in Second Language Acquisition with concentrations in cognitive science and management from the University of Arizona.
Other Dr. Z Programs
- In the Bilingual Decision Making podcasts, Dr. Z returns to his dissertation topic to explore and share research on how one’s language and culture affect decision making.
- Science is driven by people which is why in People Behind the PhDs, Dr. Z interviews the people who have PhDs, their journey to earning PhDs, and their scientific and social research.
- Not accomplishing goals is a big part of life which creates opportunities for learning. In Win or Learn, we interview the people given an opportunity to learn after not achieving a goal.
- Since I’m doing a podcast, I might as well make an “about” section with a Podcast.I call it “About-ish” which is about me, more or less.
- Humans have it within them to change their own lives and lives of millions of others. Doubt it? Think of every advance in human history and you will realize the power of human algorithms.
- In The Daily Decision, Dr. Z delivers you a one-minute podcast on one decision making topic because you want to make better decisions.
- In Leaders on the Line, we explore technical problems and adaptive challenges various leaders face in business and politics. Every show has a theme such as “success,” “team,” or “strategy” in which Dr. Z and a guest do a deep dive into case studies to uncover gold.
This text/markup is included in all WP Posts.